Clearwater Businesses Compliance Attorney
Florida and Federal Labor and Employment Law
If you are running a small business, you probably don’t have a Human Resources department staffed with professionals to deal with workforce-related matters. You probably don’t even have an HR Director (most likely, you are your company’s HR Director along with everything else you do). But even a relatively small business must still meet the same rules and regulations imposed on Fortune 500 companies when it comes to labor and employment laws. How do you hope to stay in compliance with the host of state and federal labor laws and still be able to devote your time to running your business the way it needs to be run? The Clearwater business compliance attorneys at Dilla Employment Law can help.
Dilla Employment Law provides personalized, affordable assistance to small and medium-sized businesses throughout Clearwater. My goal is to keep you in compliance with state and federal laws to avoid problems that might otherwise arise, including government action taken against your business, or lawsuits brought by employees. Consider for example, how well you understand the following common employment law compliance matters.
- Can you require an employee to take paid leave or unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act? What qualifies as a “serious health condition” under the FMLA?
- Are you aware of the latest changes to federal Wage & Hour laws under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)?
- Do you have a written policy covering workplace discrimination and harassment? Do employees know how to make an internal complaint? Do your supervisors know how to handle a complaint
- How do you fill a position when an employee in the Reserves is called up for active military duty? What do you do when the employee returns? What are your responsibilities under USERRA?
- Is your retirement plan a defined benefit plan or a defined contribution plan? Is your plan covered by ERISA? How do you comply with ERISA?
Questions like these and countless others can arise in the normal course of business. With Dilla Employment Law at hand, you can get the answers you need with practical advice and assistance to make sure you are complying with your responsibilities as an employer, which will help you avoid government penalties and sanctions or civil lawsuits – even class actions – from employees.
In addition to being on call to answer your questions and help resolve employment matters, Dilla Employment Law can help prevent problems before they start by ensuring you have the proper policies and procedures in place to deal with labor and employment issues. Dilla Employment Law can help you draft or review:
- Employee Handbooks
- Personnel Policies
- Employee Discipline Policies and Procedures
- Employment Contracts
- Leave Policies
- Harassment Policies
- Complaint Procedures
- Hiring and Firing Protocols
- Noncompete Agreements
- Nonsolicitation Agreements
- Executive Compensation Packages
- Severance Agreements
- and more
Get Help with Your Business from a Dedicated and Experienced Clearwater Business Compliance Attorney
To find out more how Dilla Employment Law can help your business stay compliant with Florida and federal employment laws, call 727-248-6624 for a free consultation with a knowledgeable and experienced Clearwater employment lawyer.